A gorgeous smile can give you the self-confidence you need during social situations, at work and even in photographs. However, if your teeth are chipped or discolored, you may lack this important self-esteem and may feel as if you are hiding yourself away from others. Veneers may be the answer that you need to take back your life and to love your smile again. Learn more about how Dr. Tuan Pham can use affordable veneers to give you the smile that you have always wanted.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are very thin coverings that are permanently placed over the fronts of your teeth to cover minor imperfections and give you a beautifully symmetrical and gorgeously white smile. They should be seen as a long-term solution for a wide range of cosmetic dental complaints. Veneers are incredibly easy to place when you work with a talented cosmetic dentist, such as Tuan Pham, DDS.
Veneers are made of either porcelain or composite resin material. Dr. Pham will help you choose the material that is best for you. Each type of veneer has its own benefits.
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell that is custom-made to fit on the tooth. The benefits of porcelain veneers:
- they are strong and long-lasting
- they have a natural-looking surface
- less tooth enamel needs to be removed than with a crown
- they don’t stain easily
A composite resin veneer is made from a tooth-colored filling material bonded to the tooth. The benefits of composite resin veneers:
- usually less tooth enamel is removed than for crowns or porcelain veneers
- fewer visits to the dentist- sometimes these veneers take just one visit
- cost less than porcelain veneers
- are easy to fix if they get damaged; although composite veneers are generally not as strong or wear-resistant as porcelain veneers, composite veneers can be repaired easily and quickly
Who Needs Veneers?
Dental veneers are used for cosmetic reasons to improve the look of the smile and improve your self-confidence. Although they cannot treat major issues, such as poor bite or highly crooked teeth, they can make minor corrections in your mouth. You may want to talk to Dr. Pham about getting affordable veneers if you have any of the following complaints.
- Stained teeth
- Naturally yellow teeth
- Chipped, cracked or worn teeth
- Uneven spaces or gaps between teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
How Are Veneers Placed?
Steps to place porcelain veneers:
- small amount of enamel is removed from the front and sides of the teeth
- an impression or mold is taken of the prepared teeth
- temporary veneers are made for the prepared teeth
- impression is sent to a lab that custom makes the porcelain veneers
- at the final visit, temporaries are removed, teeth cleaned and veneers are bonded onto the tooth
Steps to place composite veneers:
- after teeth are prepared or reshaped, composite material that best matches your natural teeth color is sculpted onto the teeth
- a special light is used to harden the material and bond to your teeth
- composite veneers are then smoothed and polished to look like natural teeth
Before beginning, your teeth must be perfectly cleaned, and any areas of decay should be treated. Your teeth and gums should be generally healthy before beginning.
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers can help you achieve a healthy, happier smile. If you have stained, chipped or misshapen teeth, or gaps between them, veneers can give your teeth an evenly spaced, bright appearance. Getting veneers doesn’t require significant filing down or re-shaping of your teeth, which happens when you have a crown. As you can imagine, veneers can change your smile and possibly many other parts of your life depending on how you feel about your teeth. The largest benefit is that they give you the smile of your dreams. If you often find yourself hiding your laugh behind your hand or not smiling at all due to embarrassment over the appearance of your teeth, Dr. Pham can help you regain a more confident smile.
Where to Find Veneers Near Me
Look no further than Tuan Pham, DDS Cosmetic and Family Dentistry when you are searching for veneers near me. At our welcoming and relaxing dental office, you will find caring dental professionals who understand your concerns and who can point you to the right treatment to meet your needs. We can help you learn more about dental veneers, discuss the process with you and answer any questions you may have.
If you are ready to beautify your smile, contact our Redlands, California, office today for preventative and cosmetic dentistry appointments that will always give you amazing results.